Friday 25 May 2012

An easy goal

This morning it was pretty beautiful here at home in the Borders, but once I got about 15 miles nearer to Edinburgh I had to put my fog lights on and the haar stayed all the way to the Royal Edinburgh Hospital where my meeting was. The sun came out later on in the morning, which was perfectly timed for lunchtime. I decided to join the smokers who were all sat outside on the carefully placed picnic tables on the lawn at The Royal Ed and enjoyed the sunshine while eating my sarnie.

After the meeting I headed home to blue sky, warm sunshine, a glass of white wine and joy of joys, a book to review. This is one of those books that goes extremely well with blue sky, sun and a glass of white wine... you know the kind... literary doesn't come into it, but it zips along at quite a rate and is pure escapism. Just the thing for a gorgeous Friday evening in the Scottish Borders.

It also softened the blow that my man is away up a hill or down a dale in Yorkshire for the weekend and then he comes back and we have a couple of hours together and then I head off up to Inverness for two days of teaching. We eventually touch base on Wednesday evening after I get home from my poetry afternoon.

I've got an easy weekend, with finishing up my notes from today, then a bit of bowling tomorrow and then it's just enjoying the sunshine (which I'm apparently guaranteed is going to happen) with my dog and getting as brown as I can. Now that's what I call a goal that I'm sure I can achieve!

No comments:

Post a Comment