Wednesday 16 May 2012

A little bit of excitement

I admit it... I'm a bit of a dinosaur where Twitter is concerned. I do have an account and I do post once a week (a very sensible, simple tip to help those feeling stressed), but as to the rest... well I don't really understand it.

I don't read very many people's tweets and I do wonder that people have the time to read the millions that must get put out there every minute of every day, let alone post the millions that are put out there every minute of every day.

However, I am totally intrigued by the people who decide to follow people they know nothing about, especially when one of those people is me. So tonight when I turned my account on I got a message that I had a new follower - number 92 if you must know, so lots of room for improvement in the follower stakes, unlike Mountain Man who's up well beyond 150... but of course it's not a competition... no it's not, really it's not... well ok, it might be if only I could get more followers. Sorry, I digressed for a moment there!

Anyway, back to what I wanted to say. Imagine my interest when I discovered my new follower was none other than the one and only Rex Pickett. Please don't tell me you don't know Rex Pickett? He's the author of a novel that was turned into a film I really, really liked: Sideways. I was amazed, but even more so when I clicked on his name and found that he has 18,720 followers and he doesn't follow all of them. No... Rex Pickett follows a mere 12,000, and me, yes, little old me is number 12,000. How exciting is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment