Tuesday 22 May 2012

Filling my time

What an amazing day! And made even better by being retired from two of my previous jobs, which meant that I could spend the day actually enjoying the sunshine.

After a pleasant potter in the garden and sitting on a garden chair under the cherry blossom doing a bit of reading, Mountain Man and I became the Cycling Couple. We set out on our bikes for a lovely 11 miles along the road to Earlston and then cut off to Mellerstain and then back home for lunch. Next time I'll think about taking a picnic.

After lunch we sat out a bit more and then I had to get ready to go to Edinburgh as I was meeting up with a friend who I hadn't seen in quite a while. Edinburgh was quite dull in comparison to the Borders and I was relieved I'd spent most of the day out of the dullness.

I had a delicious meal with my psychiatrist friend, Teresa, at David Bann's and then home for an early night. I have a bit of reading to do and then I'm for bed.

I also had a bit of an honour today... at least I think it's an honour! I've been asked to be on the Board of an Edinburgh charity called Places For People. Well I have to fill my time now I'm not working the same as I was, don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment