Wednesday 23 May 2012

New purchases

Because the weather was so gorgeous today and I also had a meeting with some representatives of Raleigh International to meet I decided to wear a dress.

Now wearing a dress isn't something I do very often, but today was the day. In some ways, because the dress I have is half-sleeved, this was a good move because at least it hid the stripe on my arm where I was sitting in the sun yesterday and got my front brown, but sadly the back of my arms is white. All was hidden well.

I started off by going to try and buy some cycling sun glasses and went to the Tri-Centre in Edinburgh, which is where I bought Mountain Man's 60th birthday bike, and where he's such a frequent visitor they're on first name terms.

I managed to find a pair, which, although rather pricey, fit and are extremely comfortable. I hardly took them off the whole day, which is a whole lot better than my last cheapy ones, which were so uncomfortable I didn't like wearing them.

I also wanted some padded shorts, but the ones they had were well beyond what I need and decided not to bother. Then MM, who had to be in Edinburgh for an appointment, came into the shop just as I was leaving. He was on the lookout for a new pair of running shoes and had heard that Newton shoes were just the ticket, which they just happen to sell in the Tri-Centre. And, call me shallow, but they looked so good and after MM had given me the blurb on why they were good for running, I decided I'd try a pair on for walking. They gave us 15% off for buying his and hers shoes, but I'm sure you'll agree they look rather good.


From there I had a bit of garden tidying to do (yes, in a dress) and then off to my poetry class. I even got whistled and shouted at by some workmen, something that definitely doesn't happen every day, and quite frankly I'm pleased it doesn't. My dark glasses came into their own as I studiously ignored them. Some purchases are worth their weight!

I eventually got home after my meeting and took my dress off, donned my new shoes and MM and I went out for a very comfortable walk.

Oh yes, new purchases that actually work... hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Cool, groovy and lots of other words like that. Brilliant choice in shoes I have to say! If I say the name of the glasses would the makers give me a free pair? I would guess you looked good enough to be whistled at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up with a pair of Inov8's for pretty much the same reason - by beloved loved his and I liked the way my pair looked. Maybe I'll go trail running now I've got them...! Didn't get the 15% his and hers discount though. Next time!

    ReplyDelete