Thursday 17 May 2012

As long as it doesn't snow

I'm off to London today for a meal out with my mother tonight, a business meeting tomorrow morning and then an OU meet-up in the evening.

The last time me and the London OU crew were due to meet it snowed and they all cancelled so I'm hoping the same doesn't happen this time as I'm staying down til Saturday instead of coming back tomorrow night specially.

This time we have a rather special venue as one of the group's other halves has won some kind of drinks and eats thing for a party of ten, which sounds rather good to me. And it looks like we will be a party of ten, so that's all worked out pretty well.

As to the snow... well who knows? It's already raining with a bit of hail here and there's snow forecast in parts of the Highlands. I was talking to someone yesterday who'd been over in Germany last week and while it was blowing a gale in the UK in Germany they were all sitting out sipping their beer in the sunshine, wearing t-shirts and shorts. I don't know why I find that thought rather depressing but I do and it's not helped by the constant grey skies that seem to hang over the Scottish Borders these days.

London can't be worse... can it?


No comments:

Post a Comment