Saturday 14 January 2012

Unlucky for some

Last night was the Borders Search and Rescue Unit's Christmas meal. They do things differently in the Borders, so a Christmas meal nowhere near Christmas is just fine. The other thing they do differently is, instead of looking at all the great things they do over the previous year, they come up with an awards ceremony that looks at how incompetent some of them are.

We went to The Cobbles Inn in Kelso and pretty good it was too. The food was excellent and so was the wine. We were put in a room on our own (all 23 of us), away from the good Border folk who the BSARU serve, which, it occurred to me, was just as well. I mean who wants to hear about, let alone look at the film of team members who, it seems, are in dire need of being rescued? Needless to say my Mountain Man was not in that club, so my trust in him is intact.

Meanwhile yesterday daytime  I went to my Friday bowls assignation and I'm pleased to report that my string of exceptionally bad play came to a halt and, not only did my team win, but we won the prize money (a whole £3 each) for the afternoon. However, it didn't start out so well as we were losing 1-10, but we ground it out and eventually won 19-10. The other team were not amused at all and I did feel a bit sorry for them, but I put all that to one side and enjoyed my victory. Oh yes, and I played very well indeed. I have more league games next week so I'm hoping this continues.

I also had another piece of very good news. I have been trying to get my head round how to create an online course. I came across another psychologist who had offered her services to help those of us who want to work in this way to fulfill our dreams and we'd had a conversation just before Christmas, but when I looked into it I realised that I needed a lot more help. Anyway, last week this particular person was offering 3 people a free breakthrough session, which we had to apply for. And I'm thrilled to say that I was one of the 3 who gained a place. So watch this space for my upcoming course, which hopefully should be ready in a few months time.

So lots of good things all in one day. And that was Friday 13th. Might be unlucky for some, but definitely not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment