Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year's Day

If New Year's Day is all about feeling hungover and spending the day watching films, then I've done a good job.

New Year's Eve itself was an enjoyable affair, with much eating and game playing. The only problem was that, having gone to the trouble of buying expensive M&S nibbles so that I could get a couple of *free* bottles of Cava, I decided it should be drunk. Shirley and Mountain Man don't drink, but my usual drinking companion Andy also bowed out, as he was on some particular antibiotic. And so it came to be that I was the only one who imbibed (not all of it I hasten to add, but I did myself proud) and therefore the only one who woke up this morning feeling somewhat worse for wear.

Once Shirley and Andy left, I'm afraid to say that I headed for my day in front of the telly and I've not moved since. Shame in some ways as it was a beautiful day outside, but the way I see it is there'll be others and a day doing nothing at all is probably a good thing. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

  1. Good work coffee lover. Imbibing was done well and a lovely time was had by all, and you are allowed a day watching movies. Time for World's Strongest Man soon to look for botox! xxx

    ReplyDelete