Monday 16 January 2012

This retiring lark

This morning I got my bus pass! Complete with hideous photo... I'm blaming MM myself (for the photo obviously not the fact that I've got my bus pass). Sadly I didn't have time to go and get on a bus, and I'm not sure I'll have time for the rest of the week as it's quite a busy one. But I'm determined to go somewhere, anywhere, asap, just because I can.

Retirement is a becoming a 'game of two halves'. On the one hand I was very good and said no to taking on another client who was my absolute ideal in the terms of problems. I was oh so tempted but managed to stop myself and put her in the direction of someone very good. On the other hand I've had a meeting today to look at the possibility of doing some joined up work with a University. We'll see. I haven't said yes yet, and to be fair neither have they. We're both in 'thinking about it' mode and have another meeting set up for April.

It'll be interesting to see how all this pans out. I don't think I'm as good at retiring as I'd hoped I'd be!

No comments:

Post a Comment