Saturday 2 July 2011

Scotland Sings for Water

Today was the great singathon that was Scotland Sings for Water, in aid of WaterAid (and a huge thank you to all those who donated, I actually raised £560 which is brilliant). The day started well as the weather was sunny and warm. N and I, along with the other 298 people, went for the rehearsal at 10, which lasted an hour and a half, and then had lunch before heading to Parliament Square.

We started singing at 1pm and didn't finish until 3.45. My voice was rapidly deteriorating by then (and as the starting voice was not top notch, the end voice was decidedly dodgy), and great fun was had by all. We sounded amazing according to those who were listening and I had tired legs as discovered that I can't possibly sing without dancing at the same time.

Most important of all a lot of money was raised for a really good cause.

There is one downside to all this, and that is that I have those bloody songs going round and round in my head. I'm hoping it's not going to be too long before I forget them, but I fear I may have a few nights of dreaming of water before I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment