Friday 8 July 2011

Repetitive strain injury

I've not been well today, and sadly I have to admit to playing an online game that is most addictive. It's called 'Spot the difference', where two pics are put up side by side and you have one minute to spot 5 differences. I seem to have been playing for hours and now not only do I feel sick, I also have a sore wrist to add to my misery.

Meanwhile my mountain man is off again. This time it's the Great Kindrochit Quadrathlon, which involves a swim across Loch Tay, run or walk 7 munros, kayak from Milton Mornish down Loch Tay, and then finish with a 35 mile cycle around Loch Tay. My man is extremely jealous of those taking part as it's the kind of event he loves, but he'll just have to satisfy himself with being an angel of mercy for those who injure themselves.

Luckily my injuries did not mean that he had to stay home to minister to me as that could have been a very embarrassing conversation: 'Sorry folks, I'm not going to be able to come and look after all those athletic types this weekend because my wife has injured herself whilst in bed playing a game on her computer'. Nope that's definitely not a conversation I think I could live down!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're feeling better. That game does sound highly addictive...think I better stay away from it. I've very susceptible to those!
    x

    ReplyDelete