Friday 3 June 2011

Lazy, hazy days of summer

Since my Beloved has been away, on the days when I'm not working I seem to have slid into a rather strange schedule. For instance, last night I was up until just before 2 am. I decided to watch 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' which I'd downloaded onto my iPad, and taking all things into consideration was probably not the best thing to watch when thinking about going to sleep. Consequently, I didn't get to sleep until it was almost getting light and then that made for a late get up today. I'm really lucky to have a dog that doesn't actually care what time I get up and some mornings she doesn't even bother to come down for her breakfast biscuits first thing, or in today's case, second or even third thing. And then that put me later than I'd planned to 'get things done'.

'Getting things done' seems to be an ongoing saga for me. And one that never seems to be completed. I walked the dog, fed the birds, watered the garden and cleaned the bathroom and kitchen and that was pretty much it. When I'd been out walking the dog I'd missed a call to bowls from my village pals, so after lunch I took a wander over to practice on my own for a while. After not quite an hour, I called it a day as it was hot out there, and my cheeks were doing a passable impression of beetroot.

So what have I actually done today? Not much I think. Never mind, we don't have a long summer so have to make the best of it while we can... so no visitors please or I shall have to get into 'big clean' mode and I really can't be bothered.

No comments:

Post a Comment