Saturday 18 June 2011

Full up

Another day another food review. This one was in Duns, at The Black Bull Hotel and very, very good the food was too. A delicious, fresh, Eyemouth dressed crab (I could have actually eaten this for my starter, main and pud it was that good) and then seabass with fennel and lemon butter. I was so full I opted for a tiny portion of lemon sorbet, which was delicious. I also had a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. In this restaurant the wine wasn't free, but who cares. The whole meal was fantastic.

My companion was my friend's husband. I had hoped she might have been able to come, but she's tied up with work things and so said her hubby would be happy to be my meat eater. He only just got the gig as I was about to phone my next on the list. He opted for a Waldorf salad and then rump of Border lamb. His dessert was a lovely looking raspberry cranachan, and apparently was delicious. We had interesting talk about his stint on jury duty in Selkirk, and it was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Especially as it was raining.

Meanwhile my poor man was up a mountain outside of Callender on the Rob Roy Challenge where I think he will have spent the day being deluged. Apparently there were over 700 brave folk doing it.  Still he should be home later tonight, as long as they all finish and there's no disasters.

I've been so full from my lunch I couldn't face anything to eat tonight. I'm pleased I don't have very many of these gigs to do, as I fear putting on weight could come very easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment