Saturday 9 April 2011

What a day!

Today was absolutely beautiful... sunny, warm and the best of all was when I took the dog up to the Community Woods I saw my first butterfly of the year. It was a peacock butterfly too which made it even better. Somehow butterflies equals spring and summer and so I felt like all was right with the world.

This called for action and I decided on some gardening, which is not one of my favouritist pastimes, but as my Beloved is away for the weekend on Borders Search and Rescue training down in the Peak District, what's a girl to do?

So a bit of hacking here, a bit of weeding there, and then off to the garden centre to buy a couple of herbs to put in my herb pots. And on top of that even the dog wanted to come out to play and we spent a pleasant time playing with her football until I'd had enough.

Then it was a sit down in the sunshine reading my book, while the dog flopped in a shady spot. I'd been lucky enough to have been given an uncorrected proof copy of My Dear I Wanted To Tell You by Louisa Young, by a friend who was involved in the production of it, and very good it is too. I can highly recommend it and it has had some great reviews.

And now it's time for that white wine I won yesterday. My changing from red to white wine is definitely a sign that winter is, for now, well and truly over!

No comments:

Post a Comment