Monday 25 April 2011

Another plug

Last night I got a message from Andy, the father of the Hannah who's exam performance I attended a couple of weeks ago. Hannah has now finished her EP, which is part of her course, so if any of you would like to have a listen then you can find it here. I'm not sure if the amount of hits she gets will be part of her overall exam mark, but anyway, the more hits she gets the better it will be for her. So please spread the word.

I've also been asked to endorse someone else. This is on Linkedin, not a site I use a lot. In fact I don't use it at all. I'm sure it would be really useful if I had the time or the inclination, but I don't really like to be contacted by people I don't know to be their professional friend. I have a rule on Facebook and that is that I'll say yes to being anyone's friend as long as I know them, which seems reasonable, but I seem to get contacted on Linkedin by people I've never heard of. A bit like cold calling I suppose and I'm not a fan of that.

Anyway, I digress. I've been asked to endorse someone I do know, but I have a bit of a problem and that is, the course of theirs I took wasn't to my liking and I'm finding it hard to know what to say. In fact I gave very honest feedback at the time and am surprised to be contacted. I don't like misleading people so don't worry I won't be writing anything that isn't true, but nevertheless it is a bit of a dilemma and not one I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment