Friday 30 March 2012

Mountain Man's new exercise regime

I am now stuck with my leg having to be raised for the whole weekend. I was hopeful that it might be sunny and hot outside and I could spend the day sitting in the garden. It's currently the former and not the latter so outside is out at the moment, but hopefully by lunch time it will be warm enough.

How did I end up like this? Well a month or so ago I was told by the podiatrist that I have Sinus Tarsi Syndrome and although I tried inserts in my shoes and an ankle brace nothing was working and so I was booked into the hospital yesterday afternoon for a cortisone injection. Not the most pleasant of experiences. It apparently doesn't work for everyone, but I'm sincerely hoping I'm not everyone.

Poor Mountain Man has now had to turn from patient into nurse. He's getting back into exercising again and I'm looking at this stint of enforced inactivity on my part as part of his recovery programme as he runs up and down the stairs fetching and carrying for me. He might well see it differently!




No comments:

Post a Comment