Monday 2 May 2011

Sunny days

Isn't it wonderful to have so many consecutive sunny days? It's hard to believe that a mere seven weeks ago I was worrying about another burst of snow.

All of this sunny weather is however bringing out the revenge of the dandelions and I seem to spend all my spare moments scouring the lawn for signs of more of the intruders. I've already dug up two and a half buckets full of the blighters and still they come. I wouldn't mind if they'd keep themselves to the borders, as I like a burst of yellow, but somehow having them decide that they can make their home anywhere they choose is not on.

Meanwhile our other plant life are also doing well. The coffee plants are looking verdant, though I know if I post a pic you'll not notice much of a difference between now and a month ago, as they are so very slow. Our potatoes are also coming on a treat, and we have loads of delicious veggies sprouting to grace our salad plates all through the summer.

Let's hope this year it's going to be a good one for rather more than a few days of consecutive warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment