Thursday 31 December 2015

The end is nigh

Well here we are at the end of 2015. This year has gone by so quickly and even though it's held some 'interesting' bits for me, it's also been filled with great joy and lots of fun and laughter.

After Vespa's very bad behaviour on Tuesday, yesterday he was far better behaved. He had his last vet appointment to get his annual jag, where he was much admired and fussed over. Sadly on the way out he pulled at me and the door swung back and I caught my hand in it. There was a momentary sick feeling, but I'm pleased to say that it ended up with nothing more than a scrape and a bit of a bruise. It would not have been a good way to end the year with broken bones!

Storm Frank was in full force by the time we left the vet's, but a walk was needed so we went to Kelso Race Course for a runaround. The wind was so strong that I could hardly walk and was almost blown off my feet on several occasions. Vespa thought it was brilliant. It took so long to walk around the field that the rain started before we finished, so sadly got a bit damp.

Then it was home to dry out and make canapes for a little get-together I was having last night. I have to say they were delicious, all apart from my cheese straws that I managed to burn, but I had plenty of other treats so no problem.

When my friends arrived the champagne was opened and a really lovely evening ensued and I think they enjoyed it as much as I did. Vespa just loved having them here and was in ecstasy with all the attention he got.

So now it's New Year's Eve. I've got plans for tonight, as I'm sure you all have, so all that's left is for me to wish you all a wonderful New Year.

Goodbye 2015 and hello 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment