Wednesday 9 December 2015

Blessings

I got home after a busy day of badminton followed by lunch with the lovely badminton ladies to find that the rendering on my neighbour's wall had come apart and fallen down onto my gutters and then the pavement below.

I spoke to her mother (who lives next door to my neighbour) to tell her of the problem and she promised she'd let my neighbour know when she got home.

By this time the wind was even worse and I was starting to get a bit worried. It then started to get dark. A knock on my door and my neighbour was there telling me she wanted to go and deal with it there and then. I was slightly concerned as the wind was incredible and the thought of either of us up a ladder was a bit of a worry, but she was determined she wanted to do it and would be fine.

Luckily she (eventually) believed me that it wasn't a good idea for her to go up a ladder and phoned our local roofer who came round, while she and I held the ladder and watched while he filled a bucket with bits of render.

After all that we decided to have a glass of wine together, so she came round to mine and we spent an extremely pleasant couple of hours drinking wine and putting the world to rights.

It just so happens that both of us are in the same boat ex-husband wise, so we have even more in common.

Sometimes out of adversity comes blessing and in this instance it definitely was a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment