Friday 10 October 2014

It seems to be working

Apart from the first day of peppermint spraying the parts of the house that I thought giant spiders might be using as an entrance, when there was one small one and a largish one but both were far from the usual places, we haven't had a spider (that we've seen) since then.

I've been hypervigilant I can assure you, but still none have appeared.

I actually think the peppermint spray might well be working!

For the record, if any of you want to try it: I got a large spray bottle (one of the cheap ones from a garden centre) and filled it 3/4 full of water and then (contrary to the recipe on the internet, which seemed too weak and was, I thought, the non-deterrant of the first night) put in about 30 drops of peppermint oil (the pure oil kind not the kind in the baking section of a supermarket). I spray every night. The smell isn't too overwhelming and doesn't seem to affect the dogs at all.

Of course it might just be that your prayers were the thing that really warded them off, but I'm still sticking to my peppermint oil!

No comments:

Post a Comment