Sunday 5 August 2012

The problem with ageing

All the way to Drumnadrochit, near Inverness for a ceilidh last night. Danced my little socks off, got to bed around midnight, got up early this morning (feeling slightly worse for wear, I have to admit), got home in time to watch Andy Murray play a brilliant match against Roger Federer to win his first ever gold and then a silver with Laura Robson in the mixed doubles against the Belarussian No. 1 seeds, by which time I was totally exhausted; and so the Theatrical party that I was invited to attend tonight was just beyond me. I decided to stay home and get myself ready for my week-long Screen Writing course at the Edinburgh University Office of Lifelong Learning which starts tomorrow.

What strikes me with all this is that even five years ago I wouldn't have had any problem doing all that and going to a party, but I just don't have the stamina anymore. And that, I'm afraid, makes me quite sad.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time and I hope you enjoy the screen writing.
    Getting to grips with what you can't do anymore is difficult, but don't waste too much time being sad. If memory serves me correctly you have to be pretty fit for a ceilidh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right there! I just didn't realise how unfit I've become and found myself short of breath while flinging myself around!

    ReplyDelete