Monday 27 August 2012

It's a small world

There I was at a friend's 60th birthday party in the Borders having a good time when one of the guests told me she was sure she'd met me before. We chatted for a while, but no, she couldn't remember. What was a little weird for me is that I'm usually extremely good at remembering faces... names, no, but faces seem to be a different story. Frankly I couldn't remember her at all.

After a couple of drinks she came back and asked me if I had been on a certain workshop outside of Glasgow about 6 years ago. And blow me, she was right. It was a bit scary that she remembered and even more scary that I didn't.

What was slightly even more scary is that it was an Astrology weekend and she still had my chart, even after all these years. I'm sure I never kept hers. I wonder now why she kept mine? The only answer I can come up with is that I gave her a lift to the station on the way back and she told me lots of information all about herself, which included many tears, so maybe she felt it was necessary to arm herself with inside information about my tortured soul just in case we ever met again. And now of course we have. Oh dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment