Monday 20 August 2012

Script resource

When I was on the film scriptwriting course a couple of weeks ago, we were given the web address of this great site where you can read the scripts from many *big* films, such as The Artist. A lot of the scripts are draft copies, which, in my view, makes them even more fascinating.

By early evening yesterday the rain had returned and it seemed the perfect time to watch a Hollywood Blockbuster and luckily Raiders of the Lost Ark was on. I went onto the IMSDb site and found a draft script so I could read along as I watched the film.

It was intriguing to see the changes that had been made in the script to get the film to the screen. From the bits that had been totally left out to the lines of dialogue handed to a different character, it was all there. And what's more, the site and reading the scripts are completely free.

What a fab resource.


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea - to watch something with the script to hand. I'm going to try that. Thanks Vee.

    ReplyDelete