Saturday 15 May 2010

Sweltering....

What a fantastic day. Bright blue sky, and according to the temperature gauge in my car, it was 19 out there. Nell (the dog) and I went walking in the woods that I've nicknamed 'butterfly alley' because of the wonderful range of butterflies that bide there. Today there were mainly peacock butterflies and the odd cabbage white. So lovely to see.

The only problem was I'd forgotten to switch the central heating off in the house, and Beloved's away for the weekend... I'm sure he'd have noticed. It's been on for the past week due to the freezing weather as it's felt more like October than May for what seems forever. So when we got back from our walk, the house was baking hot. I know the saying goes "ne'er cast a cloot til May is oot" but heck... it's hot in here!

No comments:

Post a Comment