Sunday 9 May 2010

My next home?

Hi folks

Back from the last weekend of my six month course. What was it like? I think the word is 'interesting'! Nuff said.

There is one bit that I will tell, and that was Mr Malcolm, a most delightful, learned 70+ year old, had bought himself a new Porsche. Even though he professed embarrassment he was also extremely proud of new green shiny mobile, and I was offered a go. Not to drive I hasten to add, but to speed along the narrow roads on the side of the river Esk with the hood down, wind in the hair, chauffeur driven by the man himself. That wasn't the funny bit, but the thing that was, was when we got back to Samye Ling, young James, hippie extraordinaire, was waiting his turn. This was much to the chagrin of Mr Malcolm, who found himself driving up and down the road, giving us all a turn. Carnival rides arrived at Samye Ling. Thank you Mr Malcolm, it really was fun!

However, during the weekend one of my friends, who is about to embark on building a new home for herself was told about Eco houses and now my heart is set on a two story eco pod. I think they're fantastic, and might just satisfy my love of bedsit accommodation combined with space enough to live. Now I just have to think where I could place my new home and then of course I will have to sell this house.

Beloved has yet to be informed of the new plan, but hey, it's just a dream right now... right?

3 comments:

  1. They look fab! I don't think I could fit all my junk in one but love the idea. Can't wait to hear what the beloved says!

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. eyebrows raised... no comment... and that's about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that sounds about right!
    Lx

    ReplyDelete