Friday 26 February 2016

You gotta laugh

This morning the very cute Robbie came to stay. He's so sweet, but has a permanent frown on his face and isn't a terribly confident pup, but we're getting on fine.

Look at me... I'm so cute!

It's lucky he's not too bouncy as I'm exhausted after yesterday and the previous few days antics and then having to get up at 5 this morning to be home for a work phone call that was cancelled at the last minute. I can't say I was amused by that, but c'est la vie.

Then this afternoon, Robbie and I paid a visit to my friend, Iona, in the village. She's a writer and approximately 6 years older than me. As we were leaving, the local Tory farmer, Miles Browne, was in the kitchen talking to Iona's husband Ian. It was rather funny to watch Iona's face as she's as left wing as they come, so having a Tory sitting at her kitchen table was not something to make her smile. But then Miles said to me, 'Oh so you're Iona's daughter' at which point Iona and I just burst out laughing and we couldn't stop ourselves.

Ian was just shocked into silence and couldn't say a word and poor Miles, he tried to make it better, but it did no good, Iona and I couldn't control ourselves. I decided to take it as a compliment though, especially as Isla (Iona's daughter) is 27!

I think the poor man needs some glasses!


No comments:

Post a Comment