Sunday 21 February 2016

Domestic goddess

Well ok, maybe domestic goddess is a touch strong, but I've been so domestic today I've shocked myself!

I've got my singer/songwriter pal coming to stay tomorrow for a few days and I thought it was time to clean up a bit for starters. So I've spent today cleaning my house til it shines (it needed it), shopping (the fridge was bare), making bread (none in the bread bin) and making a dessert.  Yes, you read that right... I made a dessert! I rarely make desserts because very sweet things don't really do it for me, but I've got a guest coming and I felt the need.

I found a recipe for pear sorbet and, although a touch time consuming, it seemed easy enough. Well I'm so pleased as not only does it look incredible, it also tastes pretty incredible too. And that's even with me forgetting to take the lemon peel out before blitzing it, but hey, you can't have everything, and it still tastes pretty damn good.

I don't actually know whether my guest likes desserts, but at least I've made the effort. Actually, on second thoughts, I'll be pretty pissed off if he doesn't!


No comments:

Post a Comment