Friday 5 February 2016

I'm not the only one

When I was out and about the other day I glanced up at the clock on the clock tower attached to my house and realised that it wasn't quite showing the right time. Actually, all four clock faces were showing completely different times.

The clock is usually very good, but it doesn't like ice, snow and cold. And I also wonder whether it's all that keen on the wind. And as you know, we've been in the grip of several storms, one after the other, so I'm not surprised that the clock had a bit of a hissy fit and decided to throw itself into confusion. Funny to have a clock that dislikes the winter weather as much as I do!

I do know how to fix it, but, as part of the deal with the Council, it's actually their job to do so. Also, I'm aware of my inherent clumsiness sometimes and I really don't want to incur the wrath of the whole village as I drop bits of clock mechanism down in the tower and have to retrieve them amongst all the potential spiders that might be lurking.

I don't actually know if there are any spiders there, but you know what? I don't want to find out... and anyway, my imagination has done some good work here... so a quick phone call to the Borders Council and a charming lady told me not to worry, she was on the case. The clock would get sorted asap.

Apparently, it's not the only clock in the area to go AWOL. The one in Coldstream has done just the same, so the nice clock man will be down to fix both clocks in one go... that's the theory... let's see what the reality is.


No comments:

Post a Comment