Friday 12 February 2016

Last of the birthday

Last night I had a fantastic last birthday meal for this year. My voice, apparently sounding sexy and gravelly, held up just fine. I think the Lemsip before I ventured forth definitely helped.

Twenty Princes Street was amazing. If you ever go there and like crab do go for the crab sandwich starter. It was incredible and too hard to even describe, so you'll just have to trust me on this one. And, according to my companion, the haggis ravioli was to die for.

We stayed chatting until almost closing time and then went on for a quick night cap at an establishment nearby. By this time, and we're talking 1.30 a.m., we decided to call it a night and had a brisk walk back to where I was staying, a quick goodnight and then I flopped into bed trying to be quiet, which as we all know means making far more noise than is meant!

So that's it for this year. My birthday has been just wonderful from start to finish. Couldn't ask for better... until next year maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment