Tuesday 9 February 2016

The sound of silence

On Friday, when Amber came, I had the beginnings of a sore throat. By the time she left on Saturday it was getting worse and, because I had a workshop coming up (today in fact), I spent the weekend in pretty much non-speaking mode in the hope that it would get better and I'd be fit for purpose.

Sadly it just got worse!

Yesterday I went to Edinburgh to get ready for the workshop and meet up with my co-facilitator. We had a lovely dinner, where I did minimal talking and lots of eating and then, propped up by Lemsip had an early night.

When I woke up this morning there was no voice! Just silence when I tried to talk. What's a girl to do? The show must go on and all that, so I downed a Lemsip and scooted to the chemist on my way in and bought a throat spray. It worked minimally, but at least I had a teeny bit of voice. More Lemsip at lunchtime and my co-facilitator had to do most of the talking, but I managed the whole day. But I'm just hoping, if I get to rest my voice tonight and tomorrow, then I'll be good to go on Thursday when I have not just a lunch date, but a dinner date too.

And I couldn't even whoop for joy when I got an email from Vespa's trainer to say he was doing really well. He's settled and happy and has taken to the harness no problem at all. I am thrilled to say the least!

And saying the least is the least I shall be doing!


No comments:

Post a Comment