Sunday 30 December 2012

Two late nights and a slob-out day and the last post of 2012

When our friends from the village, Joyce, Magic Bob and Gill, came over the other night to share Prosecco and canapes, our talk turned to having a local reading group, which is something I've missed since I moved south. However, after having shared a couple of bottles we made the decision, based on the fact that Magic Bob and Mountain Man's preference was to read non-fiction and Joyce, Gill and I preferred novels, not to have a reading group, but, as we all loved the idea of monthly get togethers to do something, thus The Gordon Film Club was born.

The other decision made was that the inaugural film night should be that night, so armed with more food and non-alcoholic drinks we sat until well into Saturday morning watching 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs' - and yes I know it's the second time in not so many days, but a good film is a good film and it seemed like a good idea at the time.

The reasons for that being our first film is because I had it on my computer and the cable, which goes from my computer to the TV that No. 2 son had ordered for me so I could watch all the films on his hard drive (he's going to leave it with me when he leaves the country for a few months to go travelling and working abroad), arrived that morning and it was all hitched up and ready to go.

Actually it was a very fun evening, though both MM and I were quite tired yesterday and would quite have liked a quiet night, but other friends were coming for dinner and there was no time to rest.

An afternoon of cooking produced a mushroom pate and a fish pie. I'm not sorry to say I bought the dessert (individual fruit pavlovas) which made my job rather easy. A quick tidy and there we were back in the throes of Prosecco and, if I say so myself, a rather tasty meal.

Another late night with good friends - this one leading to more book reviewing (but this one sensible psychology type books rather than novels)... I'm such a sucker for a free book - and we woke up this morning feeling exhausted. This has led to a day of slobbing today while we get ourselves ready for Hogmanay with our dear friends Shirley and Andy and who we've been spending time over Christmas and New Year with for the last 27 years since we met when Shirley and I were pregnant with our youngest children.

So tomorrow sees us heading off to Edinburgh to eat, play and be merry and see the New Year in in good company.

Oh dear... I see another slob-out day appearing on the horizon!

Well everyone, I sincerely hope you have a lovely New Year and that 2013 is a nourishing and healthy one for you all.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!




6 comments:

  1. It was good to visit your blog and read your the last post of 2012. Happy new year....:)

    Computer science degree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too Vee. Wishing you all the best for 2013. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. And same to you and yours x

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year to you & MM! Hope to catch up next time you're up this way. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you and Bassman too. Would be lovely to see you x

      Delete