Thursday 27 December 2012

Well that was that

My boys left today.

We had a lovely time playing games (Dominion is our new favourite), watching far too much telly, eating and drinking. I got some great things amongst which are books - and a big thank you to Karen for a couple of suggestions for those (Uncle Petros and Goldbach's Conjecture and The Collected Short Stories by Richard Yates) - and a gorgeous pink and turquoise cocktail glass from my man. My old one broke a couple of years back, so it's lovely to have another. It got quite a bit of use over the last few days.

Before Christmas my mother asked me what I wanted. I said 'please no clothes, just a voucher.' I got the voucher, but she just couldn't resist. As well as the couple of tops that are too big that I suspect have been in her drawer for years (no change there then), which will be in the next bag for the Charity shop, I also got an incredibly strange, stretchy top, which might just be kept in case I have a bad taste party to go to, but it feels really weird so I'm not sure. Here's a pic of it, and yes... it really is that small.

My strange stretchy top together with the TV remote to show you how teeny tiny it is

And finally I leave you with a (slightly out of focus) picture of my boys. I don't know why they can't ever let me take a photo of them that's sensible, but I've tried over the years and never seem to have succeeded.


My boys making 'shapes'

Ah well... it was fun while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment