Wednesday 12 December 2012

My December birthday

After a rather painful visit to Dr Chris, the dentist, where I spent an unpleasant hour trying not to look up his nostrils as he sorted my poor tooth and I had the strange thought that it must be something to have a job where no-one wants to come and see you, it was time to go out to dinner.

Mountain Man didn't tell me where we were going until the last moment. He took me to Kitchin's, lucky me, which was just fab.

Our dinner was excellent and we took almost 3 hours to eat it. Each course was pretty as a picture and just a delight. When MM's dessert came - I'm not a dessert fan, so missed this course - I had the idea to take a photo. I wish I'd taken one of all the food we ate, but I'm sure this will give you the idea of the standard. He said it was delicious. A chocolate and sea buckthorn cake, a chocolate macaroon and a sea buckthorn sorbet. While he was eating this I savoured my second glass of a South African Viognier from the Cape. Just yum.

MM's dessert
And that's it for this year. Twelve months and twelve birthday celebrations. Next year I'll be back to one, but it is next month, so not too long to wait!

4 comments:

  1. How lovely! A friend took me there for lunch for my 40th birthday present. It was a 3 hour full on experience too and every mouthful was exquisite. Would never turn down an opportunity to go back. Smart thinking MM! Perfect end to the birthday year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult to describe how fantastic the food is there, so I'm pleased you've also been and experienced it and felt the same as me. It certainly was a perfect end, though I can hardly believe 12 months is up! MM has outdone himself this year.

      Delete
  2. That dessert looks divine, but far too good to eat!

    Happy birthday again - it sounds as though it's been a good year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. It really has been a good year. I think my man would disagree with you about the dessert looking far too good to eat... nothing is ever that!

      Delete