Friday 21 December 2012

It's arrived!

The shortest day of 2012 is here!

It also happens to coincide with the 5,125-year Mayan 'Long Count' calendar, which says that the end of the world is nigh. On the BBC website it says that people have been taking precautions, such as panic buying candles in Sichuan Province in China and a whole load of folk in the Pyrenees are expecting an influx of believers to the mountain Pic de Bugarach, as rumours have spread that UFO's will rescue human gatherers.

Sadly, I can't be bothered to take precautions and stockpile candles and tinned food... I hope someone remembers the matches and the tin opener... nor do I have any inclination to make my way to the French Pyrenees.

So... either our days will lengthen from tomorrow and we can all relish the hope that summer will be zooming our way soon, or, the world will have ended and I won't be writing any more on this blog.

If we survive, then I promise I'll write a coffee plant Christmas update.

If we don't... well it was nice knowing y'all.

I wonder if coffee plants survive apocalypses? I'll never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment