Sunday 11 November 2012

My November birthday

Today is my 11th birthday celebration of the year.

I just wanted to tell you how lucky I feel. It's a gorgeously sunny day out there, I've been given a card, had a Sunday breakfast in bed and I'm being taken out to Jamie Oliver's restaurant in Edinburgh tonight, all courtesy of my lovely husband (well, apart from the sunshine that is - obviously - not even he is that good).

The intention is to spend part of the day, before heading for Edinburgh, going for a walk and taking in some Autumn sunshine - after my Sunday ritual of listening to the Archer's first of course... there are some traditions that just don't change!

My October birthday was spent riding and climbing to The Tiger's Nest in Paro, in the warmth of the Bhutanese sunshine. I can hardly believe this was a month ago, in some ways it feels like a lifetime and in others just a day or so ago - though my very rapidly fading tan is reminding me that my holiday is just a happy memory.

The easy part for me, probably not so for the pony!

Our destination on 11th October 2012 - The Tiger's Nest, Paro

Wonder what MM will do for my final birthday celebration? And just in case you're wondering, that was, very definitely, a hint!

No comments:

Post a Comment