Thursday 8 November 2012

Indoor bowls update

I was back at indoor bowls last night, in a women's league match.

I don't quite know what happened, but I played absolutely brilliantly, which for me is pretty unusual. I played so well that my skip told me she was going to put me down for the Scottish Women's, who play on a Saturday. Sadly, on the last end I totally ballsed the whole thing up and threw two unbelievably bad shots. The invite was, I think, immediately rescinded, but for the hour and a half while my good play lasted and the invite was there it felt great!

Funnily enough I was playing against the Scottish Women players, who you might just remember I played with last year and when I couldn't throw a jack they spent time at the end showing me how to. I think last night they were regretting all that help!

My team didn't win, but we didn't lose either. It was a draw. A very close match and very enjoyable. If only every game I played was the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment