Thursday 19 July 2012

A football virgin

Here goes an admission: I've never been to a football match in my life.

My brother-in-law has been promising me for the last 21 years to take me, but he's never come through with the goods as yet, though every time we meet up he tells me a Liverpool or Sheffield United (don't ask) game is on the cards. I live in hope.

I'd heard of a rather intriguing match that was to take place in some woods outside of Selkirk in the Scottish Borders, which is a sport/art event supported by Creative Scotland called Forest Pitch. I'd booked tickets ages ago and was really excited. It was to take place this Saturday.

I got an email late yesterday to tell me that the match has been postponed until August 25th.

I'm not really surprised given the weather and also given my football virgin status and am sure that I've jinxed the project.

Any gamblers out there willing to take a bet that after the 25th August my virgin status will still be alive and well?

No comments:

Post a Comment