Tuesday 5 January 2016

Last day

Who'd have ever thought the sky could hold so much rain? And that threw all my plans for Vespa's last day into confusion.

Instead of going for a lovely long walk, we ended up going shopping where we bumped into Lynne, who puppy walked the gorgeous Teddy (Odi's first friend) and Tweedy (one of Vespa's mates), but is currently puppyless due to work circumstances. She invited us back to hers for a cuppa, which I was grateful for, as was Vespa - and as was Lynne so it turned out. She really wanted to have a last cuddle and so, by a strange quirk of fate of both of us filling up in Asda petrol station at the same time, we ended up going to Lynne's.

From there Vespa and I went to lunch at Main Street Trading Station in St Boswell's, who serve a mean soup. Vespa was just perfect, which is more than I can say for the people who I alerted to the fact that they'd left the lights on on their car and you'd thought I'd have told them they'd just trodden in dog poo. They didn't as much as say thank you. Win some, lose some I guess.

And then it was an afternoon of cuddling and cosying together for our last afternoon/evening together.

So there you have it. Vespa has been with me since he was 7.5 weeks old and now he's off to big school to fulfil his destiny, whatever that may be. He's seen me through good times and bad times and all the rest in between and I'm going to miss my big, black tank. I really am.

Vespa at 7.5 weeks

Vespa this morning



Well what's one to do on one's last evening but sleep in comfort?


No comments:

Post a Comment