Monday 14 September 2015

The end...

... of the International Writing Program course from Iowa University, the best writing course I think I've ever been on. It finished last night and I'm missing it already.

When I got the initial email to say I'd been chosen, I thought it was a joke. And then I thought it was a con. How could something like that be free? But it was and it's been incredible.

It was such an intense experience for me. Reading and writing every single day for 9 weeks is not something I've ever done in the past. At least not in that way. Yes, it's brought up a whole lot of anxiety and low confidence moments, but also some highs and also a lovely sense of sharing. I'm so grateful I was chosen.

The other writers in my group were amazing. They were from all over the world and there's something quite magical about reading good writing that has a cultural flavour to it. I actually felt like crying at the end of last night's session!

But as every cliche says, endings bring beginnings...

No comments:

Post a Comment