Wednesday 9 September 2015

A good day

Today, was back to Old Lady Badminton. I had such a great time and it was fab to be playing again. Because of my circumstances I can't leave Vespa at home alone for too long. I don't mind for 2 hours (and Guide Dogs make us sign a statement to say that the longest pups will be left is 3 hours) while Vespa gets used to being left behind. It takes me around 20 minutes to drive to the venue so, with 20 minutes to drive home again and leaving time for traffic problems, it leaves me with just one hour of badminton instead of two. But the 2 games I played I won, even though they were quite competitive. It was also really good fun. For some reason we couldn't stop laughing and I came away with a huge smile on my face.

Then it was home for a quick lunch before going shopping and meeting up with my friend for a cuppa. We were supposed to be going to Mellerstain House, but it was closed, so we headed off down to Kelso to the Garden Centre where we spent a pleasant afternoon in the coffee shop having a natter. The last thing either of us wanted to do was go to Tweedbank and see the Queen open the new railway, but I'll be pleased to hop on that train next week and head to Edinburgh. Apparently it was chaos anyway, so it was good to stay away.

The phone hasn't stopped since I got in, so today has been lots of laughs and lots of talking and now I'm ready to relax with a glass of vino and wait for The Great British Bake Off to start.

It's a hard life being seven-eighths retired, but someone has to do it!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment