Tuesday 8 September 2015

Miss some, gain one

Today we had the Tour of Britain bike ride go through the Scottish Borders, but because a friend had booked me in to have a reflexology appointment while she took Vespa for me, it meant I missed the whole thing... though Vespa saw it all!

While I was lying back relaxing, Vespa was down at Tweedbank Primary School with all the kids and had a great time watching bikes whizz by. Apparently he was most taken with the police motor bikes that put their sirens on for the kids and not phased one bit by the noise and clapping. I think that might well have been the point where I started snoring... gently I might add, but snoring nevertheless.

Once I got home I decided it was time to book my train travel to London for my October trip for work. Unbelievably they were selling 1st Class tickets for less than 2nd Class for my return journey and there was only one left for the train I wanted. I couldn't believe it. I really don't understand how that works, but I'm not complaining. So I might have missed the razzmatazz of the Tour of Britain, but I got a cheap 1st Class rail ticket and if you'd asked me which I'd have preferred, I would tell you I'm extremely happy with the way things panned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment