Monday 27 January 2014

I see trouble ahead

Out walking down the old railway line with Odi yesterday in the small bit of sunshine that managed through the rain. We were having fun, she was running around, I was trying to get her to do what I wanted... you know the kind of thing I'm sure.

Because she wasn't coming immediately when called I thought I'd try and do something a little different, so when we got to the familiar path we usually take home I changed it and went a different way. There just happens to be a bit of wire fence along that route, but there are gaps (large ones), one of which I went through. I called Odi and she came dashing towards me... I tried to stop her, but she wasn't listening and went straight, smack into the fence. She yelped... loudly. It happened so quickly and she was obviously a bit shocked, but worse than that she had a cut on her face.


When we got home I bathed it in warm water and gave her some homeopathic remedy... ok, I know the jury's out on that one, but it's always worked for me and my animals and I know it doesn't do any harm. She seemed fine about it. I wasn't. I felt awful. I don't think there's any lasting damage and just have to hope there isn't too much of a scar.

She seemed no worse for wear this morning and, having told people over the weekend about how good she was and not chewing anything, was horrified to learn that Mountain Man found her chewing the skirting board in the utility room. It's now completely covered in Vick.

I'll be glad when this part of Odi's stroppiness is over, I'm just slightly concerned at what bad behaviour she'll demonstrate next. No suggestions necessary thank you, I don't want anyone giving her ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment