Wednesday 2 November 2011

Women on a mission

Jenny came to stay last night all the way from Inverness and led me into bad ways.

We started well with a fab dinner at David Bann, followed by sharing a bottle of Prosecco and a night of catch up chat. We had a reasonably early start this morning, which saw us at work by the back of 9, but we managed to finish that in pretty good time and then it was 'women on a mission' time.

And the mission was? To march to all our favourite haunts in Edinburgh to try on clothes and spend more money than we should.

By 2pm when we realised just how hungry we were, and went to A Room In The West End for lunch. This is the 2nd time I've been there and I have to say I was just as impressed this time as I was last time. Jenny was impressed too and we ahhed our way through Sea Bream, fried potatoes, curly kale and tartare sauce (me), and sea trout, asparagus, potatoes and tomato, carrot and coriander sauce (Jenny) complete with fresh vegetables perfectly cooked.

From there we got a bus back to the house, but not before I bought a pair of earrings by a woman called Joanna Cave (called Daphne B in the earring section if you're interested), which I absolutely love, and once back at the house we realised that we had about 20 minutes to get Jenny to Waverley to get the train back to Inverness.

I've totted up the bill for purchases today, and I have to admit... mission complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment