Sunday 6 November 2011

It goes from bad to worse

Have you seen Tamara Ecclestone Billion $$ Girl? It was the most hilarious thing I've seen in a long time.

What with Strictly Come Dancing closely followed by X Factor last night, I was getting a bit bored. I know I shouldn't say this about SCD, but I'm not so enthralled with this season's offerings as in the past few years. And as for the other... well I watch with mounting horror that this comes under the title of finding people who can sing, as there seem to be only a couple of people that I saw who have got anything like star quality and can sing in tune. The majority don't seem to be able to do any better than I've seen down at Gordon Social Club Karaoke night.

And so it was that I turned to the internet to watch Tamara Ecclestone have a melt down over whether she should go to a pitch for her hair products at QVC or visit a Harley Street doctor because she had a spot on her chin... I kid you not! This is 'real' life for some.

The start was great. Let me set the scene for you:
There she is in all her glory, the camera is close-up on her face and she says, 'There are so many misconceptions about me and it does get a bit frustrating.... when people constantly assume the worst in you and that you're a pointless, spoilt and really quite stupid, vacuous human being.' The camera pans wide and we see her sitting having her hair extensions done and having a pedicure.  She then goes on to tell us that she's misjudged etc etc.

Now maybe I'm being cruel, but it was unbelievable that someone who wants the world to take her seriously thinks that this is the way to do it. I also admit here that I couldn't turn it off. I spent a good hour laughing, for all the wrong reasons I'm sure, but laugh I did.

I'm now fearing for my sanity as maybe my illness barometer has moved from Jeremy Kyle to Tamara Ecclestone and this is not, I repeat, not a good thing.

Thank god Downton Abbey is on tonight and I can maybe reclaim myself and get back on the path to good mental health!

2 comments:

  1. That doesn't bode well for the litmus test tomorrow when Jeremy's back on the TV but at least it made you laugh and distracted you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily I have a doc's appointment at that time. Otherwise who knows what slump I'd be in.

    ReplyDelete