Saturday 5 November 2011

I'm ready... are you?

Today is No. 1 son's 27th birthday and in honour of this event Mountain Man and I took him out to dinner last night to Maison Bleue in Edinburgh. We had a lovely meal, which was enhanced when a couple on the next but one table got engaged. It was a very sweet moment and I've never been in a restaurant where that's happened before.

Then today, No. 1 son and I went shoe shopping. He had asked for clothes, but decided he needed shoes instead. I have to say he's very easy to shop with. One shop and we were done! I know some people who would demand a trip round every shoe shop in Edinburgh before going back to the first one and actually buying. Of course I'm naming no names, but if the cap fits...

We then went off to have a cuppa and buy bits and pieces for my upcoming trip.  Then it was a quick weed in the Edinburgh garden. I'd been spotted by the Garden Mafia who'd paid a trip to my garden last week and I got a phone call to say that grass had grown and I needed to do something about it. By the time I'd got the call, I'd already done most of the weeding, but there were still a few lurking at the back. It seemed best to get on and do it before they came back to check on my progress.

On my way home I did a quick (well as quick as I could manage) Costco trip. The place was humming. Along with all the other 'essentials' I also bought a snow shovel which was being sold at an extremely good price. And I wasn't alone in this purchase, it seemed like pretty much every trolley had one.

And the snow theme continued after I got home. I've been after a Snowrazor (called a Roofrazor in the US) ever since the great snowfall of this year. I spotted them on the internet and they looked like just what we needed, but they were not to be had in this country. I emailed the company in the States and it turned out they were setting up a deal with a guy in Aberdeen. To cut a long story short, my Snowrazor is on it's way this week.

I'm now hoping that with all my snow precautions we might get away with no snow. I know there are some people who love it, but I'm not one of them. But whatever, at least this year I feel prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment