Thursday 3 November 2011

Sense prevails

I have a niece who posted a picture of her and her husband on Facebook. The photo was taken some time ago, but the freaky thing was her man looked just like my brother minus about 20 years and without mutton chops (yes, I'm not fond, but apparently his current wife loves the look). I immediately composed a message, and a moment before pressing the button I paused. The niece's husband and my brother are not always the best of friends, but I've realised they are so alike. And that's not just in the looks department.

I asked Mountain Man what he thought and he said, 'Go on, post it', but something was telling me 'NO' in capitals twice the size of these.

I'm so pleased I paused and didn't pay attention to MM. Can you imagine getting a post on Facebook that says, 'Well hey you, you look just like the father-in-law you don't get on with'? Yes, I could imagine it too, and the result was not pleasant.

Suffice it to say, none of the individuals here has ever read this blog, or has any intention of reading it. Well thank **** for that... and thank goodness I don't always take what MM says as gospel! Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment