Tuesday 15 November 2011

And it's goodbye from me!

Well, that's it. The time has come for me and my little suitcase to take ourselves off up to Edinburgh Airport and from there to Paris, followed by a wait of three hours before I board my Air France flight to Johannesburg. I arrive tomorrow at about 11.30 a.m. and have another two hour wait there before embarking on the final leg of my journey, via Kulula airways, to Port Elizabeth. A whole 24 hours of airports and flying to get to the 'trip of a lifetime'.

I've looked on the internet to see what the weather will actually be like. Amazing how much they differ! But the worst bit is that by Thursday it appears there will be rain! Arghh... leaving one damp, dreech country for another was not what I had in mind. I'm consoling myself with the fact that it will be 21 degrees, which is a whole lot warmer than here. And after Thursday's rain it might just want to be sunny... won't it?

I'm off to the theatre on Thursday night for a bit of South African culture. 'Fiela's Child' is on the agenda and is, apparently, a set book for schools in SA. Should be good.

And after that? Well it's road trip time... who knows where? who knows when? I'm bloody well hoping Tracy does!

I may well have no means of accessing my blog from where I'm going, so... as they said at the end of all the Saturday movies when I was a child...  

That's all Folks!

See you in December....

1 comment:

  1. Have a fabulous time. Look forward to the full report when you get back! Fingers crossed for sunshine. Doubt it'll be dreech even if it rains!
    x

    ReplyDelete