Tuesday 8 November 2011

A date for my diary

I decided ages ago that I didn't want tickets to the London Olympics next year as the thought of going to London with hundreds of thousands of people to add to the usual London chaos is really not my thing. I shall sit at home and watch it on the telly.

However, last night Mountain Man announced that the Olympic torch would be passing our door. Yes that's right, right past our door. And the date for this tour de force will be... drum roll... Thursday 14th June. And that means I will have to change my work day that week all so I can see a man/woman/child of notable worthiness run past my door for probably not much more than 5 seconds of flame carrying.

And more than this, the Olympic torch run past follows hot on the heels of the Jim Clark Rally, and every year a lot of us (some might say idiots, but who am I to comment) stand out in the street, scratching our chins as we watch streaks of testosterone filled, highly coloured cars zip past our doors at high speed.

Two highly charged events in the space of two weeks, and right past my front door. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment