Thursday 10 November 2011

Mountain Man is tried to the full

A major disaster!

I was out and about yesterday and when I put my glasses on they didn't quite fit properly. I took them off and noticed one of the arms was bent in a funny way. One touch from me to try to right them and... snap! That was it. The whole arm came off. That left me with a dilemma. I had things to do and needed to see. Tough, no time to change plans, just had to get on with it.

A while later I visited Nigel the Optician Manager and pleaded with him to fix them. Unfortunately my glasses are over 10 years old and they don't make them the same anymore. He promised he'd try, especially when I told him I was heading out of the country next week for my 'trip of a lifetime', but he wasn't all that hopeful.

Meanwhile I had shopping to do and, as I'm long sighted, I can't read anything unless I've got my glasses on. Mountain Man was not amused as I phoned him three times in the space of five minutes to check things that I couldn't read for myself... I keep telling him I'm helping him practice patience, and I think yesterday he exercised that practice to the full.

Sadly, I didn't quite make it unscathed!


No comments:

Post a Comment