Wednesday 1 December 2010

Out and about

Today I had a taste of freedom, as my Beloved wasn't required for Borders Search and Rescue duty and was able to ferry me to Galashiels for shopping duty. I usually hate shopping, but it was such a relief to get out of the village and out and about that I felt like a small child having a day off school.

The road to Gala was mainly full of 4 x 4's trundling their way and very few ordinary cars. Asda car park was just about ok, but when we decided to call by M&S for a treat for our lunch, it was awful and only parkable with 4 wheel capacity.

My short lived sense of freedom was exactly that, short lived.

Although the way there wasn't too bad, as there were a few snow flurries but bright sunshine, on the way back it was white out in places. So sadly I was rather relieved to get back home to my nice warm house and it looks like I'm not going anywhere for the next 24 hours at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment