Friday 24 December 2010

Arrivals

My boys arrived the other night and it was lovely to have them here. The Xmas games began, though we were all so shattered that the only one we could be bothered with was Whot!

Then we woke up yesterday to even more snow, which I thought might impede my mother's journey north, but no... she phoned to say she was on the train, and as soon as we had that information I went into cleaning overdrive, which proved fatal for the Dyson which collapsed under the pressure and will have to get fixed sometime after the holidays. Thank goodness I have an old Henry.

No. 2 son and I made canapes (which were excellent), while my Beloved and No. 1 son went off to Berwick to pick my mother up. Luckily she was in a good mood when she arrived, but I decided to drink copious quantities of wine just in case her mood changed later.

And so this morning I woke up, slightly worse for wear, and scared in case I have to resort to the same strategy tonight. I'm not sure xmas in a drunken haze is such a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment